NSENG is Chicago’s largest and fastest growing job search networking group!
Over 5,500 members, adding 5 new members a day and 10 members landing new jobs each week!
*** UPCOMING EVENTS ***
*** The Glenview Library will be undergoing renovations during Feb, Mar & Apr so our meetings during those months will be held at a temporary location at National Louis University (5202 Old Orchard Rd- 3rd floor in Skokie). It’s right off the Old Orchard exit on the Edens Expressway, is a bigger room with a large covered parking lot ***
● Mon Feb 3rd MEETING, 6:15-8:30pm @ National Louis University- 3rd floor: Eliot Shapiro presents on “HOW TO SPEAK WITH GREATER CONFIDENCE DURING JOB INTERVIEWS” plus networking. We will be taping and critiquing 2 volunteer for short mock interview during this meeting (a huge learning experience for everyone and the volunteers get a free critique and video recording of their interview)– if interested, just email me.
● Mon Feb 10th WORKSHOP, 6:15-8:30pm @ National Louis University- room 468: Marty Gilbert (NSENG founder) presents on “CREATING & IMPLEMENTING AN EFFECTIVE JOB SEARCH PLAN”.
● Tue Feb 18th MEETING, 6:15-8:30pm @ National Louis University- 3rd floor: Lynne Franklin (chair of the National Speaker’s Assoc Chicago chapter) presents on “TURNING A JOB INTERVIEW INTO A POWERFUL CONVERSATION” plus networking.
WHAT MAKES NSENG UNIQUE?
The NorthShore Executive Networking Group (NSENG) is a supportive group that provides great advice and a willingness to share ideas that help accelerate your job search efforts. NSENG is the largest and fastest growing job search networking organization in the Chicago area.
- Over 5,500 members
- 10 members landing new jobs per week
- TEDx keynote speakers at meetings
- Customized job search coaching services
- Job search webinars & workshops
- Member diversity across different roles & industries
An interactive environment for professionals with at least 10 years of work experience to network, hear presentations from job search experts, learn from one another and gain introductions to key individuals within companies that they are targeting to obtain their next opportunity!
Meetings that attract a diverse membership of managers, directors, VPs and C-level individuals who all bring extensive networks which expand each member’s reach to influential connections. No need to pre-register for meetings.
Engaging speakers who present immediately actionable job search advice.
Small group networking sessions at each meeting to share contacts and gain warm introductions into target companies.
Job search coaching services that emphasize the “marketing” effort required to package, position and promote your unique competencies–and accelerate the job search.
Webinars and workshops that provide tactical ways to accelerate and shorten your job search.
Talent Recruitment Program to help internal and external recruiters to quickly find high quality talent for their open positions by leveraging the NSENG membership.
● Meetings are held from 6:15-8:30pm at National Louis University (5202 Old Orchard Rd – 3rd floor, Skokie) in Feb, Mar & Apr… Glenview Public Library (1930 Glenview Rd) from May on.
● 60-120 attendees at each meeting
● Each meeting features a keynote speaker and small group networking
● $20 entrance fee per meeting (no upfront membership fee)
Job leads and meeting notices can be received by being added to the NSENG Member Directory. See links below for more information.
CLICK BELOW TO:
- view a document with further details on NSENG.
- view a full portfolio of job search coaching services.
- read a Chicago Tribune article about Marty’s perspectives on networking.
- read a Chicago Tribune article about Marty’s views on hiring older workers.
- view a 3-minute video on “The what-the-hell approach to job search”.
- view a 3-minute video on “7 key metrics for your job search”.
- listen to Marty Gilbert’s interview with Northwestern Univ’s WNUR-radio
- listen to a podcast interview of Marty Gilbert’s perspectives on “networking”.
- read a June 2018 article about NSENG and Marty Gilbert.
- contact Marty Gilbert.
Quotes from individuals familiar with NSENG and it’s job search coaching services:
Christine Nowicki, Executive Coach at Kensington International outplacement: “Marty… I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for the amazing NSENG program and networking activities you have created. I think the quality of speakers you offer and the momentum that you have built is terrific. I know that many of our candidates at Kensington International attend your events and they always come back stating how valuable they are. Having the reach that your group provides is critical in the networking process. Thanks again for your compassion, caring, enthusiasm and support of those in transition.”
Director of Analytics: “Marty is clearly able to draw upon his career experiences as well as extensive experience leading NSENG, in order to develop actionable job searching strategies and tactics. I found him to be friendly and a good listener, while also being very action and results-oriented in his approach – which is just what I needed. Ultimately, he helped me to reframe my thinking around the role of networking in both job searching and career management, while providing me with other specific advice as well that I was able to put to use. He’s a pleasure to work with and I recommend him for coaching.”
VP Marketing: “Marty delivers highly personalized and comprehensive 1:1 coaching. He quickly addressed my key objectives by unearthing my most marketable skills and suggesting process improvements. In addition to his tailored recommendations, I learned a wealth of best practices that would be impossible to quantify here. I highly recommend NSENG and Marty’s coaching services to any executive conducting a search.”
Client Relationship Executive: “Marty is a job search expert and has a gift for writing. He summarized my value proposition as well as provided meaningful insight and guidance that helped me craft my resume and LinkedIn profile. After working with Marty, I’ve learned the most efficient approach to be successful in my job search.”
Product Innovation Manager: “Marty’s support was instrumental in helping me maintain a growth mindset during my job search. His coaching and connections are top-notch, and he manages the most valuable and productive professional networking group in the Chicago area. I highly recommend Marty Gilbert as an executive coach.”
Director of Sales: “I’m go glad I came to Marty’s workshop on The What the Hell Approach to Job Search– I didn’t realize how much I could have been doing better and more effectively in my job search. I’m definitely energized to try this new approach“.
Chief Executive Officer: “Marty unlocked the Vault. He took me through his very methodical approach to job search, focusing on what has worked for him personally. No text book approach here – Marty rolled up his sleeves and surgically dissected my resume, LinkedIn profile, handbill, cover letters, search engines optimization, and taught me how to use resources that I didn’t know existed. Truly a Top 5 Lifetime Investment for me.
Marketing Director: “I was struggling with how to position myself, never mind building a new resume. Marty to the rescue. He is thoughtful and flexible, and customizes his approach based on the needs of his clients. In addition to helping me get effective words on a piece of paper, his thoughts and feedback armed me with the confidence I need to find my next success. I am so grateful that Marty decided to pursue coaching full-time — he’s a natural!”