Our events consistent of meetings, webinars and workshops. The meetings are held from 6:15-8:30pm at National Louis University (5202 Old Orchard Rd – 3rd floor, Skokie) for Feb, Mar & Apr… and at Glenview Public Library (1930 Glenview Rd) for May and beyond. There are typically 60-120 attendees at each meeting. The meeting agenda is:
- 6:15-6:30 Open networking
- 6:30-6:45 Meeting announcements
- 6:45-7:35 Keynote presentation topic
- 7:35-8:30 Small group networking
During the small group networking each member gets an opportunity to share their background, what they’re looking for and target companies of interest to them. This often leads to warm introductions into companies that they can’t get traction with on their own. Please bring 15 copies of your handbill or resume to these sessions.
The webinars are online sessions that feature keynote presenters who are addressing job search topics that can help individuals to be much more effective in a breadth of tactics and strategies to accelerate their efforts. The workshops are small group in-person sessions that include a presentation along with hands-on exercises and group discussions. These are typically 3 hours in length.
There are no upfront membership fees to join NSENG– just pay $20 at the door for each meeting that you attend.
Upcoming meetings include:
*** The Glenview Library will be undergoing renovations during Feb, Mar & Apr so our meetings during those months will be held at a temporary location at National Louis University (5202 Old Orchard Rd- 3rd floor in Skokie). It’s right off the Old Orchard exit on the Edens Expressway, is a bigger room with a large covered parking lot ***
- Mon Feb 3rd MEETING, 6:15-8:30pm @ National Louis University: Eliot Shapiro presents on “How to Speak with Greater Confidence During Job Interviews” plus networking. We will be taping and critiquing 2 volunteer for short mock interview during this meeting (a huge learning experience for everyone and the volunteers get a free critique and video recording of their interview)– if interested, just email me.
- Tue Feb 18th MEETING, 6:15-8:30pm @ National Louis University: Lynne Franklin (chair of the National Speaker’s Assoc Chicago chapter) presents on “Turning a Job Interview into a Powerful Conversation” plus networking.
- Mon Mar 2nd MEETING, 6:15-8:30pm @ National Louis University: Wayne Breitbarth (LinkedIn author) presents for 1hr & 45mins on “Creating Your LinkedIn Game Plan to Your Next Job”. The entire meeting will be devoted to Wayne’s presentation. Please arrive early as this session draws a big crowd.