“RESUMES TELL BUT COVER LETTERS SELL” plus a Job Search Q&A Session
Speaker: Marty Gilbert, NSENG Founder/CEO & Job Search Coach
- How to write high customized cover letters in less than 15 minutes
- How to decipher a job description to identify the most critical job requirement
- How a cover letter should be constructed
- Cover letter examples that make you stand out
– 83% of hiring managers say that cover letters are important in their hiring decisions (ResumeLab).
– 68% of companies said a cover letter was important when considering whether or not to interview a candidate (Resume Genius).
– 72% of hiring managers expect applicants to submit a cover letter even if the job posting says it’s optional (ResumeLab).
For these reasons alone, you should be writing cover letters. Because an effective email cover letter does what a resume typically can never do—it enables you to CONTROL THE STORY in a very concise, easy-to-read way. And during this webinar I’ll show you how you can write highly customized cover letters in less than 15 minutes. When written properly, a cover letter immediately connects the dots between your key achievements and the most important requirements of the job. It keeps the reader focused on your unique competencies and what value you bring to that specific position. Additionally, cover letters are very effective at giving you access to the “hidden job market” by getting you interviews with companies that don’t have an advertised position. Quite simply, a cover letter can get you interviews that other job seekers aren’t getting.
Here are a few of the topics that I will cover during my presentation:
– How to write customized cover letters in less than 15 minutes
– How to decipher a job description to identify the most pertinent job requirements
– How a cover letter should be constructed
– How a great cover letter can get you access to the “hidden job market”
– How an effective cover letter can separate you from 100-200 other job applicants for each job
– Effective email cover letter examples
The presentation will be followed by a 30-minute Q&A session on any job search topics.
This live webinar will get recorded, so if you cannot attend the live event, you can always view the recording at a future date as long as you register or purchase the recording at a future date.
Click here to register.
Marty Gilbert is the Founder and CEO of the NorthShore Executive Networking Group (www.nsenginc.com), Chicago’s largest and fastest growing job search networking and coaching organization. The group is comprised of over 10,000 members… with more than 1 member landing a new job each day. Over the past 13 years Marty’s networking meetings, webinars, workshops and job search coaching services have helped over 3,000 individuals to land new career opportunities. His diverse business and career insights background helps job seekers to more effectively position, package and market their value to prospective employers. Additionally, Marty’s trademarked “What the Hell Approach to Job Search”® has gained significant notoriety as a proactive marketing-driven methodology that enables professionals in a career transition to significantly accelerate their engagement with target companies and key influencers. Furthermore, his expertise with LinkedIn and digital marketing tactics enables him to teach job seekers how to effectively uncover the hidden job market. Marty is also a frequent job search speaker at large university alumni groups including Harvard, Yale, Cornell, Howard, NYU, Univ of Chicago, Michigan, Indiana, Kansas, Miami (OH) and several others.
Terms & Conditions
All NSENG webinars, presentation materials and content are proprietary and confidential to NSENG. You are purchasing with event with the understanding that the link and the content are not to be shared with others. Anyone who attempts to violate these requirements can and be prosecuted. This webinar presentation will be recorded and a link will be made available to you the day after the event.