“HOW TO NETWORK TO YOUR NEXT JOB” plus a round of networking
Speaker: Marty Gilbert, NSENG Founder/CEO & Job Search Coach
- Why many job seekers fail at networking
- How to find valuable contacts on LinkedIn in minutes
- Leveraging your network for target company introductions
- Building advocates inside a company
- Email scripts for engaging for getting your network & getting introductions
Whether you have 3 months or 30 years of experience, it’s a well-known fact that “networking” plays a significant role in over 75% of the jobs that are acquired. Networking is one of those activities that most job seekers don’t enjoy and, consequently, many individuals don’t make the most of their networking connections and one-on-one opportunities. Effective networking requires a combination of online research (to identify the individuals) and offline human interaction techniques that engage your audience and provide them with ways in which to help you. There are specific “dos and don’ts” of networking and those are explored though hands-on processes during this webinar. Additionally, many job seekers are timid about asking for help and that’s why an effective writing style plays a huge role in how to ask for help in a way that you actually get it from your network of contacts. I’ll show a few examples of those scripts as well and how to engage a network of people that you’ve never met. They CAN help if you know how to ask for it. And if you can’t become a successful networker, your search is likely to take a much longer time.
The following are some of the topics covered during this session:
- Where most job seekers fail in their networking efforts and why
- How to find valuable networking contacts on LinkedIn in minutes
- How to prepare for networking opportunities whether over the phone, via Zoom or in-person
- How to make the most of each networking encounter
- How to leverage online and offline networking tactics
- How to access the “hidden job market”
- How you can make it much easier for your network to help you with key introductions
- How to create advocates inside a company that’s of interest to you.
- Scripts for gaining networking introduction via email and LinkedIn
This webinar will get recorded so all registrants will have access to the recording the next day whether you attend or not. And anyone can purchase the recording at any future date.
Marty Gilbert is the Founder and CEO of the NorthShore Executive Networking Group (www.nsenginc.com), Chicago’s largest and fastest growing job search networking and coaching organization. The group is comprised of over 9,800 members… with more than 10 members landing new jobs each week during COVID-19. Over the past 12 years Marty’s networking meetings, webinars, workshops and job search coaching services have helped over 2,500 individuals to land new career opportunities. His diverse business and career insights background helps job seekers to more effectively position, package and market their value to prospective employers. Additionally, Marty’s trademarked “What the Hell Approach to Job Search”® has gained significant notoriety as a proactive marketing-driven methodology that enables professionals in a career transition to significantly accelerate their engagement with target companies and key influencers. Furthermore, his expertise with LinkedIn and digital marketing tactics enables him to teach job seekers how to effectively uncover the hidden job market. Marty is also a frequent job search speaker at large university alumni groups including Harvard, Yale, Cornell, Howard, NYU, Loyola, Univ of Chicago, Michigan, Indiana, Kansas and several others.
Terms & Conditions
All NSENG webinars, presentation materials and content are proprietary and confidential to NSENG. You are purchasing with event with the understanding that the link and the content are not to be shared with others. Anyone who attempts to violate these requirements can be prosecuted. This live webinar presentation will get recorded and a link will be made available to you the day after the event.