90-Min Meeting: Job Search Q&A Session plus 1 Round of Networking
Date: Tue Dec 1st, 7:00-8:30pm Central time
Moderator: Marty Gilbert, NSENG Founder/CEO & Job Search Coach
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT WILL CLOSE AT 6:30pm on the 2nd. The 70-min Q&A portion of this meeting will be recorded and made available to anyone who registers for this event whether you attend or not. You will also receive the names and email addresses of everyone who registers so you an increase your networking contacts by 40-60 people.
I am asked a lot of job search questions each week from NSENG members on several different topics and I know that many of you have the very same questions but never have an opportunity to ask. That’s why I’m going to dedicate the first 70 minutes of this meeting to field and answer as many of your questions as possible… I will record this portion of the meeting and make that available to everyone. I’m willing to address any job search topics and here are just a few to get you thinking:
- Job interviews (phone screens, Zoom and in-person)
- Cover letters
- Building a target company list
- The “hidden job market”
- Creating an outbound marketing plan
- My “What the Hell Approach to Job Search”™
- Working with recruiters
- How to prioritize your time
- Negotiating a job offer
I will prioritize those questions that are emailed to me in advance of the meeting (firstname.lastname@example.org)… I will take them on a first come first served basis in the order that they are received by me. And if there’s additional time, I will answer questions that are chatted into me during our meeting. I just ask that you confine your email to me to not more than 2 questions so that I can try to provide feedback to as many people as possible.
In the final 20 minutes of our meeting I will take everyone and divide them up into networking breakout rooms of 8-10 people in each group. Everyone will have a chance to share a bit about their background… mention any companies or industries that they are trying to pursue… and seek advice on specific job search challenges they may be encountering. It’s often through these networking conversations that the following great results are achieved:
- You could receive some warm introductions into target companies from other participants… introductions that you could never get on your own.
- You may be made aware of job leads that other participants share with your breakout group.
- You have a great opportunity to practice your elevator pitch and get some honest feedback.
- You can learn about job search tactics that others have found to be very effective with their search.
- You will gain several new LinkedIn connections by sharing your contact information with those in your group.
- You will get some candid feedback or advice on job search challenges you may be encountering.
As an added bonus, I will share the names and email addresses of everyone who registers for this event so that everyone can quickly gain 40-60 new contacts and LinkedIn connections.
Terms & Conditions
All NSENG webinars, presentation materials and content are proprietary and confidential to NSENG. You are purchasing with event with the understanding that the link and the content are not to be shared with others. Anyone who attempts to violate these requirements can and will be prosecuted. No refunds for no-shows.