5/11/20 Webinar Job Search Q&A Session: The Coronavirus & Beyond
Job Search Q&A Session: The Coronavirus & Beyond
Date: Mon May 11, 2020 from 7:00-8:00pm Central time
Moderator: Marty Gilbert (NSENG Founder/CEO & Job Search Coach)
This session will be limited to the first 150 registrants & you will receive the GoToMeeting link once you register. The discussion will be recorded and made available to all NSENG members by noon on Tue May 12th. To listen to the recording the next day, follow these instructions:
- If you haven’t done so already, go to https://nsenginc.com/product/nseng-free-membership/ and complete your $0 membership purchase.
- You will be sent an email with your user ID and password.
- Click on the MY NSENG tab in the top navigation bar of the NSENG website (www.nsenginc.com) and enter your ID and password. The link to the recording will be sitting in your DASHBOARD… just click it twice and the recording will appear.
I know that some of you may be frustrated with your job search during these troubling times but there really is a lot of hiring still going on. I’m holding this session for those of you who may not have seen much activity over the past 6 weeks. Given that, this is going to be a free job search Q&A call that will be held on the GoToMeeting platform which you can join from your computer or your phone. The objective of this session is for attendees to ask any questions they have with regard to their job search, whether it’s related to the Coronavirus or not. I will field as many questions as time permits so if you want your question to have a better chance of being addressed, please email it to me in advance at: email@example.com. Here are just a few examples of topics you may wish to have me talk about:
- What should I do if I’ve had an interview 2 weeks ago that I thought went well but I haven’t heard a word back from the hiring manager?
- What do you think are the biggest contributors to “wasted time” during a job search?
- How can I get my network to become more active in helping me with my search?
- What’s the best way to prepare for a Zoom or Skype interview given that there aren’t any in-person interviews taking place right now?
- Do you think cover letters are important? If so, why?
- I’ve applied for over 20 online jobs and haven’t heard back from any of them. What do you think is going on?
If you don’t send your questions in to me prior to the call, you will be able to use the chat box in the lower right hand portion of your screen.